Saturday 18 February 2017

Whenever I Make Love To My Wife, I Become So Broke And Frustrated—Divorce-seeking Husband



A certain man,  Alex Umukoro, on Thursday, pleaded with an Agege Customary Court in Lagos State to dissolve his marriage on the grounds that his wife, Mary, was bad luck.

He accused his wife of adultery, saying anytime he had sexual intercourse with her, things go wrong in his life.

Umukoro, an indigene of Delta State, told the court that he was no longer interested in his 25-year-old marriage that is blessed with four children.

Speaking before the President of the court, Mr. Phillips Williams Umukoro, resident of Adewunmi Street in Orile Agege, described his wife as a flirt and trouble maker.

The father of four urged the court to dissolve the marriage without further delay saying, “My wife flirts with different men in our neighbourhood. I warned her to desist from such acts until l caught her sleeping with one of our neighbours in his room.

“Mary went to the village in 2011 to confess her adulterous acts, afterwards, a traditional cleansing was performed on her and l accepted to forgive her after much pleading.

“But my wife never stopped her immoral ways. She kept conversing with the same man and flirting about.

“On one occasion, l caught my wife signaling to my neighbour’s husband to meet her up. Due to my wife’s immoral ways, business has not been going smoothly for me.

“I became scared to have sexual intercourse with her because whenever l do, thing becomes hard for me financially, I become so broke and frustrated.

“She is stubborn and lacks in her responsibilities to the family.

“My wife always spends her money on frivolous things and her concubines.

“She does not take proper care of the children and I am seeking immediate dissolution of our association,” he added, pleading with court to grant him custody of their four children.

The respondent, a petty trader, who pleaded guilty to the allegations, begged court to save her marriage amid tears.

In his ruling, the court President scolded the woman and advised her to change her adulterous ways.

Williams adjourned the case till February 28 for possible reconciliation, urging the couple to keep the peace, pending the outcome of the court’s proceedings.

No comments:

Post a Comment