Saturday 11 February 2017

Idols West Africa’s Star Eric Arubayi Is Dead!




Eric Arubayi, the 2007 Idols West African runner-up who later turned out to become a gospel singer is dead. 

He died on Saturday, February 11, 2017 at the Delta State University Teaching Hospital, where he was admitted due to an undisclosed illness. Survived by his wife, Chinonso and a son, the couple got married in 2013.
Eric and wife


One of the participants of the 2007 reality show, Omawunmi took to her Instagram handle to mourn Eric.

She wrote:


“I am so broken right now... it's not like you will come here and read this so what is even the purpose of this? I feel so selfish for not even calling to say Happy New Year... The last time I saw you, you said 'Mobutu, you never come know my house'. Eric with tears in my eyes I'm saying I'm sorry. I will be a better friend, I will make an effort to just reach out and say hello not to you anymore cos you are resting with God, but to all the people I call my friends.
Rest in peace my dear brother
.” (sic)

No comments:

Post a Comment