Sunday 12 February 2017

Foluke Daramola-Salako Celebrates Wedding Anniversary...Says, “Nothing Has Changed”


By midnight of February 13, she quickly put up this post:


Happy anniversary to us! It's our 1st legal year as a couple together.. Even though nothing has changed I keep thanking God everyday for bringing u my way and making me ur wife,ur friend ur fighting partner and most important my soul mate. I love u with every breath that breathes in me.
#my superman
#my love
#my crown
#The one that compliments me even when we fight
Happy anniversary to us
.” (sic)


The couple got married traditionally on February 15, 2013 and legalised their union in 2016.


Did Olukayode, a social critic and activist propose to Foluke?



He said, “I didn’t propose to her but the only one I made to her was on February 15, 2013 when we got married. She has got everything I want in a woman.”

His wife also recalled the said proposal: “He wanted to propose to me on my birthday and give me an engagement ring but he changed his mind and decided having a quiet engagement. We got married on February 15, 2013.”

So, why the registry wedding?


Foluke, mother of two, who is in her second marriage, recalled:

“We decided to go to the registry because we see it as a renewal of our love. Also, for documentation purpose, it is better we go to a marriage registry because traditional marriage is not really recognised and it does not have any certification to that effect. It is our own way of celebrating Valentine. It took us four years to decide to go to the marriage registry because we felt it was necessary to have proper documentation. We are doing this to perfect our marriage. The number of years it took us to do this does not matter as the most important thing is that we are doing it.”
 
Happy anniversary to this enviable pair.


No comments:

Post a Comment