Sunday 19 February 2017

Toke Makinwa’s Husband Opens Up, Says "Toke’s Book Has Hurt My Brand”



The book, ‘On Becoming’, authored by On Air Personality, Toke Makinwa, is still generating furore. Now, it’s her husband, Maje Ayida’s turn to talk about the book. Maje, who has already dragged Toke Makinwa to court over ‘exaggerated fabrication,” has also asked her to stop the sales of the book and all forms of promotional activities.

Confessing that his brand has been negatively affected by the book which was released on November 28, 2016, he said in this interview:

Is it true you’re taking Toke Makinwa to court over her book, On Becoming which contains some derogatory material about you?

I’m not at liberty to discuss that. Since the case is already in court, it would be illegal for me to do so.

Has the book affected your brand?
People tend to form a perception of you from what they read or hear about you. Having those kinds of things written about me and circulating in the public domain has definitely hurt my brand, though it’s hard to quantify the kind of impact it has had. However, I concentrate my energy on doing good work and letting it speak for me.

Do you foresee any chance of reconciliation between the both of you?
I’m not at liberty to discuss that.

How would you describe your personality?
I’m very down-to-earth and positive. I don’t have a quick temper and I like to solve problems. I also like to interact with people and I’m very expressive with words and adventurous.

Source: PUNCH

No comments:

Post a Comment