Saturday 7 January 2017

Man Who Gave Me My New G-Wagon—Sotayo




You would always fall in love with her pretty face. A good dresser too, you cannot but notice Tayo Sobola aka Sotayo in a crowd. A Nollywood actress in the Yoruba genre, she is still making headlines on the all-white party she hosted on December 30, 2016. Tagged ‘A December To Remember,’ Sotayo sure had a memorable birthday party when she was presented with a G-wagon! Who gave her? In this exclusive interview with Kemiashefonlovehaven, she unveils her benefactor

Again, happy birthday to you and congrats on your new car

Sotayo: Thank you.

What prompted the 5-in-one all-white party?


Sotayo: Really,  the 5-in-1 event was packaged to celebrate my production outfit, Sotee Entertainment’s 1st anniversary; my birthday which was on December 28; the exhibition of movies and projects my production company had undertaken in the last one year; the unveiling of my film academy and as well as the end-of-the-year party for staff members, families and friends. 

And you got a Benz G-wagon as a surprise gift?

Sotayo: I was surprised during my party when I was asked to come and take a look at the vehicle.

Who was the kind man who did this?

Sotayo: Man? It was a surprise gift and I cannot say if the giver was a man or woman. That day, just like other guests, I was extremely surprised and kept asking who brought it. Till date, I have not heard from or seen the giver. I'm highly favoured of God and I see God as my benefactor.


You have achieved much in a few years of coming to entertainment, what would you say has thrown you in the limelight?

Sotayo: I give God the almighty all the glory for bringing me this far. It’s funny and unfortunate that many people see me as a newcomer in the industry. I’ve been there, done that in the last 10 years in the Nigerian entertainment industry. I’ve modeled, sang, I write for magazines and websites, I have done artistes liaison, I’ve presented on TV and just settling for acting. I believe my success rose on my goodwill and my relationship with many industry top guns whom I relate with, with uttermost humility. 

 What's the next phase especially with your film academy? 

Sotayo: The idea behind the film academy was borne out of my desires to impact in the younger ones, many of who usually approached me to help them. I consulted some of the industry’s professionals like Antar Laniyan who promised to give me all the supports I need to make it a success. So I decided that it will be good to start an academy which will teach various aspects of filmmaking and not just acting.

You are not getting younger, when will wedding bells ring? Who is the lucky guy? 

Sotayo: Marriage is a long term commitment which needs serious preparations. One can’t rush or jump into it because of the society. If you do, you might rush out the way you rush in. This much is evident in lots of marriages that are crashing lately. The economic situations and pressure is not helping matters so one needs to be sure one is fully ready. Regarding the lucky guy, I’m keeping that under wrap for now because it’s not wise flaunting this right now. The wedding bells will ring at the right time.

So many actresses will go nude to become popular, can you join the bandwagon? 


Sotayo: No, I can’t. I’m not cut out for such.

Where do we expect Sotayo to be in five years? 

Sotayo: Right at the very top. My dream is to have fully established my company and churn out many fresh talents through my Film Academy. What can give one the uttermost joy is to impact and invest in people and see them doing well for themselves.


No comments:

Post a Comment