Thursday 12 January 2017

We Dated, Broke Up, Made Up, Now We’re Getting Married


Not every love story is as smooth as butter. Some had curves, dents, ‘bruises’ but then, they came out triumphant.

Captain Hassan and his pretty bride-to-be, Tosin Owonibi will get married on February 18, 2017.

A graduate with a Masters from the Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen, Scotland, Tosin shares her love story:

 “Hassan is fully convinced that we met when we were kids but I'm pretty sure that we didn't (something in his mind as fully convinced him of this). The first time I met him was at my undergrad graduation party. I remember he came with his mum and one of our mutual friends. It was an intimate party so I knew everyone there except him. So it wasn't really hard to notice the new face in the crowd. I just said hello to him and continued to enjoy the rest of the party.


Shortly after this, I was posted to Abuja for my service year so I had to move down to Abuja. A few days after I got to camp it was his birthday and our mutual friend had put his picture up on her DP and I recognised him as that guy from my grad party. So I told her to wish him a birthday for me. Next thing I know I got a BBM request from him and I accepted and we started talking almost everyday.


Fast forward to a few weeks later, we officially started our long distance relationship. By the end of the first half of the year, we went our separate ways (story for another day...). The day after we broke up, he deleted me off his BBM. I was so burnt and I remember ranting to my friends about how rude he was for deleting me. By this time I had started applying to schools for my MSc and then I got accepted into one of them so I just pushed him out of my mind and focused on the new adventure that was ahead of me."


"Fast forward to a few months later, it was his birthday and I had just gotten the WhatsApp application on my phone. So I decided to hit him up just to wish him a happy birthday. A part of me expected him not to respond but he surprised me and replied. Then we started catching up on gist and all that had been going on in our separate lives. At this point we were both in different relationships and different countries. A few months later, the relationship I was in ended for the best but Hassan was still in his own relationship.


I bagged my degree and back to Nigeria I came. The day I got in to Nigeria was the day he had to fly out to his new posting Liberia. Then I got a job and had to go on 5 month training. At this point we only spoke occasionally because we were both busy with work. Then I got a call from him one day saying that he was coming back to Nigeria soon. At the point I was really indifferent about this news because I thought he was still in his relationship. But I later found out that the relationship had ended.

Shortly after he moved back to Nigeria, we reconnected and you know the rest of the story.” (sic)
Congrats #ToSSAN17#



 Source: Certified Naijablog

No comments:

Post a Comment