Thursday 12 January 2017

“My Wife Left For Another Man Before I Returned From Trip Abroad—Actor





Actor Hakeem Rahman and his new young bride, tell their love story 
You said this would be your first time of taking a woman to the altar but the belief was that you were once married; can you shed light on this?
That’s the belief of people just as you rightly said, because when you see a mature man, definitely you don’t expect him to be single. But as a mature man, this is my first time of taking a woman to this level. I have never taken a woman to the registry, being this committed, doing the traditional wedding and all that. That has been the first time in my life.

But you said you have grown up children…
Yes, she knows that.

What happened to their mother?
Myself and their mother were not married but we both have matured children who are graduates by their own rights. Definitely, they’re not children, they’re adults as well. Their mother is married to another man now. So, that’s what led me to be in another marriage now. She has moved on already. So, I also need to move on. I travelled to the United States of America and before I came back, she had moved to another man. Though, we’re not married. So, that means she was not interested in the relationship again. She has moved on with her life. So, I also need to move on with mine.

That was how many years before you took this decision?
It took me about five years. But Deborah and I met about two years ago. She’s actually from Delta State; we met in Lagos here about two years ago. But from the first day I met her, I saw that sign in her that she’s going to be my wife. I proposed to her on the first day.

How did she feel when you proposed to her?
First, she felt embarrassed because that’s the first day I met her but I told her God told me I should marry you. And she has been a wonderful woman ever since. One thing I noticed about her is that any time I do something good to her; I always get good reward for that from God. Good results in my efforts. More jobs, more scripts and more money coming in. That means she is a special child. She’s actually a twin. Yes, she’s not an ordinary person. She is somebody that if you treat nicely, you will get better reward for it. That’s why I felt this is the right person I should get married to.

Would you now say coming together as husband and wife would change everything about your life and career?
Of course, it will change everything. There will be a great transformation. That’s why when a good thing like this wants to happen in one’s life, a lot of evil people will come around to scuttle it. So, they tried to frustrate all our efforts to get closer. Every step they have taken, God has just been able to conquer them. So, we’re more than conquerors for us to have achieved this today.

How did her family react to her marriage to you being very much older than her?
The age difference is not much she’s not a kid, she’s 20, and she’s a mature woman.

But the news was that Hakeem Rahman was getting married to a 19 year old lover.
(Cuts in) No, they’re wrong. I told you when you called me then that it’s true. She’s not that young, she only has baby face. She’s very intelligent. She’s a wonderful person. Even, if I am older than her, she’s stronger spiritually. She is really co-operating and coping very well.

How old exactly is Hakeem Rahman now?
I am an adult, I don’t talk about that (laughs).

But there’s this report that you’re 61, how true is it?
(Laughs) That’s not true. Don’t mind them. It’s a lie. Even, my wife knows my age because my younger ones have revealed my age to her. That means I am in the same age with her father. It’s wrong, I am not at all up to that.

But the belief our there is that marrying a younger girl is not always easy because satisfying them sexually may be very difficult?
God has built me very strong, and I don’t have sex anyhow, I have it when necessary. So, any time I want it, I do it and enjoy it fully. A lot of people are looking younger than me but can’t perform the way I could. I don’t do it anyhow. Sex is a spiritual thing. Each time you make love, you lose a lot of things spiritually to a woman you do it with.

Any plan for honeymoon?
I doubt it, with the nature of my job. But I intend to go to the US next year with her. I will get her passport, fix in the visa because I already have a readymade visa on my passport. So, we’ll go together, and that’s the end of it. We will definitely do that next year when I am done with all the jobs on the line for me. I am busy now with some jobs and while I am busy, she’s also busy doing her business, because she’s a very good business woman.

How many children do you plan to have together?
We plan for two, a boy and a girl. We want a sizeable family we can maintain because these days, paying school fees is not easy.

How did your children react to your marriage to her?
They love her. They speak with her, especially my last born. They all love her seriously. They’re so free with her so also she is with them. My wife is a kind of person that would not do anything unless she brings the family closer. Even, my younger sisters and brothers, she has brought everybody closer, breaking the gaps within the family. She’s a very wonderful and mature human being.

The Bride:

Congratulations on your wedding
Thank you, sir.

How do you feel formalizing your marriage to star actor Hakeem Rahman?
I feel great and honoured.
When did the journey as lovers start?
It’s been a while ago.
Like five or six years ago?
No, just about two years ago.

How did you feel the day he proposed to you?
Honestly, I felt happy. I was like: “Me marrying one of the Nollywood famous actors?” It was like incredible. I feel happy today that it has come to pass.

You are Igbo but marrying a Yoruba man, how do you also feel about that?
It’s not a new thing again. Besides, I was born and bred in Lagos. So, I am used to Yoruba culture.

Where are you from exactly?
I am from Delta, Kwale.

How did your parents react to it?
They didn’t react badly because they know he’s a good man. So, they’re happy about it.

But there’s a story that you’re too young to have married him considering the age difference?
(Cuts in) Age is just a number. It’s not the real thing in marriage. Age doesn’t determine love.

That means you really love him irrespective of the age difference?
Yes, I love him. He’s a nice and caring man.

But you also accept that he’s much older than you?
Yes, I accept. Just like I said, age doesn’t have anything to do with relationship.

We learnt you’re around 19 or 20, what’s your true age?
I am an adult.

You know he has grown up children already? How do you feel about that?

His children and myself are like brothers and sisters. We relate very cordially. We’re one big family. They really want me to come into their family. They really accepted me as one of them.

What’s your wish for this union now?
I pray God will continue to guide us and strengthen us and provide for all our needs.
How many kids do you intend giving him?

Just two, a boy and a girl.

What do you do for a living?
I am a businesswoman, a stylist. But I am still in school, University of Lagos studying Mass Communications.


How are you going to cope marrying a star actor?
I am prepared for that. I will surely cope by God’s grace.


Source: Encomium magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment