Monday 19 December 2016

I Met My Husband At The National Theatre, He Says I Eyed Him—Joke Silva



Where did you meet your spouse?
Places and points of meeting a life partner is an important part of building a lasting relationship. For the Kemiashefonlovehaven Tuesday True Love Tales, here are some Nigerian celebrities who narrate our they met.


"I met my husband at the National Theatre while we were rehearsing for Jero’s Metamorphosis by Professor Wole Soyinka in 1981. I was to play Sister Rubeka and he was playing the role of Prophet Jero and, at the same time co-directing the play. That was where we met. 
Olu Jacobs and Joke Silva

"He was one of the top African actors in England at that time, whether on stage or on screen. He was the talk of the town. So, I was looking forward to meeting him; when I finally saw him, he was quite a handsome man.

“Our first meeting, if I could remember vividly, I went to call Miss Ene to come and watch our rehearsal. They were in a production meeting, and, when I entered the office, the first thing he uttered was, “This is the woman I am going to marry.”

When I left the office, I said to myself, `How can anybody say it just like that?’ He always insisted that I eyed him every now and then. We started out as very good friends. Four years later we got married. We met in 1981 and married in 1985," Joke said.

No comments:

Post a Comment