Tuesday 10 January 2017

Everyone Thinks I’m Gold-digger Because My Bae Is My Mum’s Age



Dear Kemi,
I am a 24-year-old guy and dating a 52-year-old woman, who is not a Nigerian. She also has a 21-year-old son. I am an undergraduate but everyone calls me a gold-digger because this lady is very comfortable, a widow and we planned getting married after my youth service next year. We are deeply in love, complement each other and we are of the same faith. But my family is driving me crazy.
What do I do?
J.I
Lagos.

Nothing wrong dating or getting married to a woman, who is older than you if it is all based on true love. Really, if you were in any member of your family’s shoes, you would feel and think same way. If I may ask, is the woman based here in Nigeria? How and where did you meet? I hope it is not one of these Internet affairs, where foreigners, especially women, are deceived into marrying Nigerian men, who they are older than? So many advantages and disadvantages involved in this woman-older-than-man relationship especially, when the age difference is very wide. First, the woman reaches menopause with its attendant effects, the man still virile and sexually active, seeks pleasure outside the matrimonial bed, stress from a fully grown-up child, who could possibly see you as a gold-digger too and a host of other challenges. But as an adult, I believe you know perfectly what you want and how you want it. Just let your family realise you are in love and not after her money. Besides, I hope you and the woman had discussed extensively on child-bearing too. Your family’s fear could also be due to the fact that she cannot have other children after her 21-year-old son.


No comments:

Post a Comment