Saturday 26 November 2016

I Didn’t Set Out To Marry A Pastor—Ibidun Ighodalo





She is one of those celebrities who enjoyed the klieg lights right from her teenage years. As Miss Lux, the then 18-year-old Ibidun Ajayi, an undergraduate of the University of Lagos, graced fashion pages as the queen, who emerged without wearing a bikini. 

 Ighodalo, who is married to Pastor Ituah Ighodalo of Trinity House Church, is also head of Elizabeth R, an events planning company. Still in her 30s, Ibidun, would tell you that she didn't set out to marry a pastor. Ibidun, who runs the event planning outfit, Elizabeth R, tells Kemiashefonlovehaven of her husband who is the head Pastor, Trinity House, Lagos,
 "l saw in him a father, and a confidant. He fitted into my father's shoes and does all my late father did for me. So, when I met P. I (as she fondly calls him), I connected with him. He knew about the fact that I contested in a beauty pageant, where there was no indecent exposure then. Before we got married, he asked me a lot of questions because it was important that I was spiritually ripe and fit for him. " 


Recalling how she met Pastor Ituah, flawless-complexioned Ibidun opened up: “I was outside of an event venue and wanted to pick something inside the hall when I bumped into a man. ‘Oh, sorry,’ I said and went inside but something in my spirit told me that he was my husband! I didn’t believe the voice because that was the last thing on my mind. Later, we became friends, and I saw in him, a father and a confidant."
 
Ibidun, who is the founder of  the Ibidun Ighodalo Foundation, spells elegance in a subtle manner. In her words, she defines her style as, 
“I am just a simple person, who wears what makes her comfortable. It is about how you bear your body in what you are wearing. I could go in an Ankara which is worth N1, 500 and everyone would think it costs much more. I could wake up and say, ‘I want a Gucci dress, teamed with a cardigan on it and still look elegant. I always consider comfort in fashion and not the vogue.”


No comments:

Post a Comment