Friday 18 November 2016

OAP Toke Makinwa Talks On Falling In Love Again Says, “My Current Status Will Shock You”



Popular and pretty OAP, Toke Makinwa has revealed her new marital status.
The media personality, who has been gushing about her new book, “On Becoming” said she has revealed everything that constituted the person of Toke in the book that will be released on November 28.

In an exclusive interview with Kemiashefonlovehaven, Toke revealed why she wrote the book:

Why and when did you decide to write a book?

 I wish I woke up one day and decided writing a book but no. People have different stories and different inspiration behind why they did certain things and toed certain paths. Writing a book never really crossed my mind because I saw authors as those retiring. But I had a challenging time last year 2015 and while I was busy trying to survive, I started documenting a lot. There were days I felt good and, I wrote something. Also there were days I did voice notes. There were times I allowed the bad days take its toll.

It occurred to me at a point that I could write a book but I didn’t take it seriously. But when people started telling me that they prayed for me and that God told them that I would write a book, I started thinking about it. By the start of 2016, I was still fiddling with the idea but I wasn’t certain what it would be. But I remembered what I went through last year and saw it as a good way of making others especially women, have who and where they can turn to, whenever going through the same ordeal.  That way, I will not only deal with the situation but help someone else overcome. The society sees the woman as a superwoman who runs her home, takes care of the kids, husband, runs her business successfully and nobody asks her, “Are you Ok”? If she doesn’t succeed in any of the many segments of her life, she isn’t seen as a superwoman.


What is the book all about?

“On Becoming’ is a journey of a girl who is trying to make sense of life and its curves, its turns, ups and downs and turning the negatives to positives. I want people to read this book because there are many things to find out about Toke. They don’t know Toke. It’s important for me to tell my story and not allow the world tell it for me. It’s a spiritual journey indeed. 

Are there moments you cried?

Yes, because I am human. I have my down times but not accepting defeat is what I don’t joke with. You need the mindset of not accepting defeat. It’s not running away from what happened but saying, ‘what can I do to save it’?



After your crashed marriage, are you in love now?

(Laughs) I can’t say that now but in my book, "On Becoming," you will discover my current status. You will be shocked at how current and open I am on issues of love etc.



N.B “On Becoming” goes on release on the 28th of November 2016 in bookstores across Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya, United Kingdom and United States. E-Books will be available on Kindle, Amazon, OkadaBooks and others.




No comments:

Post a Comment