Tuesday 2 August 2016

My Husband Kept Me Somewhere & Kept Another Woman Elsewhere—Actress Steph-Nora Okere





Veteran actress, Steph-Nora Okere, once dated actor Jim Iyke and just when everyone thought that it would lead somewhere, the duo broke up.
The Imo State-born actress also dated and married Lanre Falana but the marriage crashed.
Just recently, the award-winning actress opened up to City People that she is single and was never married. Excerpts of the interview
Is Steph now married?
No! I am very single.
But you were once married?
Not at all, the press got me married. The press got me married on papers. Let me explain it, let me say I was in the process of getting married but ended up not getting married. Where I come from, there is the process of marriage when you start the process, the Ibo people will go and make research on the other person’s background and If they find out negative things about the man or woman’s family, that means they will put an immediate stop to the marriage. That was what happened in my own case. A lot of people have been saying I was married, I was married but we didn’t really get through our marriage. I think that is like in the past, which is like 10 years ago. I really wish to forget about it.

Who is your kind of man?
God fearing and honest man.
Is there any man in your life now?
Jesus is the man in my life now I am married to Jesus...
As beautiful as you are, you should have someone…
I have a lot of admirers, those that are close to me but the most important person in my life now is Jesus.
But you are known to be married to Lanre Falana?
I was involved in a marriage process which got truncated along the line. Marriage begins with paying the woman’s dowry, traditional and white wedding. All these did not take place. My family didn’t support marrying a man who kept one woman in one place and plans keeping another one in another place. I attend Catholic church and the marriage process in Catholic, begins with the intended couples tendering a marriage certificate issued by a court to the church. This was the main reason we were in court in the first place.
What really led to the break-up?
It was based on personal conduct and irreconcilable differences. We were not living together; we had an introduction where his family and mine were introduced to each other only. This was the beginning of our problem. For us to discover that we were not compatible. Our court marriage was in July and he went abroad in September only for him to be back a year and half later.

Would you accept him if he comes back begging?
Thank God that the marriage didn’t work out otherwise I would have been an unhappy woman and I have learnt not to judge a book by its cover. I hope to marry again when a good man comes but for now I am married to Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment