Monday 1 August 2016

Former Ekiti First Lady, Bisi Fayemi Says, “What Sustains My 27-Year-Old Marriage”



 Former Ekiti State First Lady, Erelu Bisi Fayemi is a head turner anyday. Now the wife of the Kayode Fayemi who is the Minister of Mining and Natural Resources, she reveals what makes her 27-year-old marriage tick.
For one who has been married for so long, she told City People magazine in an interview what has sustained her marriage.
She said, “There are some basic secrets of a successful marriage. One is mutual respect, patience; understanding is the other while one must also ask for favour from God.”
But can she advise on what to make marriage work? The former First Lady responded: “It is not easy to advise people on marriage these days because many people marry for different reasons.”

Talking about life after office, Fayemi who is now a consultant and businesswoman said, “We thank God. My husband served his people well as the governor of Ekiti State and he is now serving the good people of Nigeria as a Minister. We thank God for giving us the opportunity to serve and by His grace, he will continue to excel.”
Did she miss being in Ekiti?
What I will say is that we go through different phases in life. I will say that I am grateful for that period of my life. What I am doing now is another phase of my life.
Still as relevant as ever, she reveals her staying power:

My career is international development, gender and promotion of women’s rights. What I did when I was in Ekiti to bring forth that experience to support my people was a thing of joy. I am grateful that all the time we were there; we were able to support all the women of Ekiti. People know there was a difference as women were respected, recognized and acknowledged. I was able to facilitate the passage of two Bills for the women of Ekiti. One was Equal Opportunities Bill. Through that, they ensure that women were recognized. I will never stop fighting for women irrespective of whether my husband is a governor or not. It is what I have done all my life,” she said.
Now as minister’s wife, does she see less of her husband?
She replied: “I am also busy with my work. It is all good and fun.  Right now, I have a consultancy for women leadership and I also run a site called “(Above Whispers). I also have a new gele line called “Skente Gele.”
Looking radiant, she disclosed her beauty secrets:
“I believe at my age (she is 53) it is important to look after what I eat and how I look. I do what is right; I eat right and give myself peace of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment