Sunday 14 August 2016

Queen Nwokoye Says, "I’m No Hustler &Didn’t Sleep with Any Producer For Movie Roles"




Nollywood actress, Queen Nwokoye, celebrated her birthday last week and many fans and followers on social media were out to congratulate her. Indeed Queen is one of Nollywood stars and enjoys a large following on social media.
But many believe these stars sleep with movie producers and some actress had attested to this.
A mother of a set of twin boys, who is also married to Uzoma, Queen spoke on her road to stardom to SUNDAY PUNCH.  
A graduate of Sociology and Anthropology from the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Queen painted the ‘good girl’ picture when she said she became a star by not relocating to Lagos or sleeping with any film producer.
She said, “Lagos is too rowdy. It’s too busy for me. In Lagos, everybody is hustling. I am not a hustler. All my life, I have never had to hustle for anything, anything I have, came to me, including stardom.”
Does that mean she is one of the said few that didn’t have to sleep with a producer to get movie roles? ‘‘If    it is true that actresses have to sleep with producers to get roles, I’m happy I didn’t have to do so. Sometimes, it is people’s way of trying to explain away their failure. I didn’t pass through it. From my experience, nobody ever asked to sleep with me. If you present yourself as someone that can sleep around to get roles, people will treat you that way. But the truth is how many people do you want to sleep with before you become famous?”
She had quite a number of failed relationships with actors before she got married.

No comments:

Post a Comment