Sunday 18 September 2016

Now, I’m Scared Of Marriage Says Actress Princess Chineke




Remember her? The Nollywood actress who made headlines when she fought with another actress and a chunk of flesh from her lap was bitten off? Well, she is back and recalls the incident
What has been happening to you since the bite incident?
I took a break from acting to take care of myself. I have fully recovered and ready to have my groove back. Princess is back and back for good. I’m 100 per cent all right. I have healed emotionally, mentally and otherwise.
We hear the case is in court. Do you still want to pursue it?
Left for me, I would have left it for God to handle. I believe it was not ordinary. In my whole life, I have never heard that someone was bitten like that. It was scary. The police took the case to court. I’m merely appearing as a victim. The case is not in my hands anymore.
Can you recure what happened that fateful day?
I came in late to the movie location. The hotel rooms were full so I was asked to share a room with her (Chrystabel Goddy). Few nights she stayed in, she was always making mid-night calls. So I asked her to go out of the room or make the calls in the toilet with the doors locked. The other night she made calls at 1.00am putting the caller on loudspeaker. Hearing a male voice from sleep, I woke up thinking a guy was in the room only to discover it was her caller. I complained to the management. They said they will get me another room the next day. I told her she was disturbing, she insulted me. We exchanged words that day. I ended up sleeping on set the next day. When I got back to the hotel, I had my bath, laid down on the bed. She said she wanted my space. She called the Project Manager telling him to throw me out that I was not supposed to be in the project and the hotel. I told her I came just the same way she came. We talked exchanging words. She insulted my family. I told her she had no right to decide who or when I should leave a job since it wasn’t her father’s. In seconds, she bounced on my lap with her teeth. She hit me before I could hit back and before some men came in to separate us. She said, “Check your leg. See what I did to you”. I didn’t feel the pain until I went to pee. I saw that she had ripped my washed pants in the bathroom. I pulled the pyjama I was wearing that was when I saw a chunk of my flesh falling out. I showed it to everyone who ran into the room. The management took me to another hotel, then to the hospital. We were shooting in Iyana Ipaja on a movie project titled Behind the Smile (working title). The incident happened at 11:30pm on a Friday.

How did you pull through the pain and healing times?
You can see the scars. It was such a huge scar. I never believed such a thing could happen to me. I went through a lot, but that was in February. I have fully recovered and moving on. I was in church all through that period. Friends, family, colleagues were all there for me too. This whole drama drew me closer to God in a special way. Now, I don’t get close to people anymore. I just learn to keep my distance. Whenever I meet someone for the first time, I don’t dare come close. I can only wave at them from a far. I am smarter, more careful and sensitive now.
Has Chrystabel reached out to you?
I don’t have anything to do with her. I don’t know her from anywhere before. I don’t expect to relate with her in any way.

What’s your ideal man?
For a good start, I am so scared of marriage. So my ideal man is that very man that can convince me on the reasons I should get married to him. He should be able to tell me why I should spend the rest of my life with him.
You scared of marriage?
These days you see people getting married today, tomorrow, they are apart the next morning. I keep asking myself what happened to the love they shared while dating. The worst part of it is that once they break up, they take to social media to wash their dirty linens in public, which is very bad. It hurts me a lot.
Do you see yourself marrying an actor tomorrow?
I have never thought of that, but for now, I don’t think so. The job is hectic. I wouldn’t want anything that would jeopardize my marriage.
Source: Leadership

No comments:

Post a Comment