Tuesday 23 August 2016

Ruggedman Tells Don Jazzy, “Steer Clear of My Woman!”



It’s not only Don Jazzy who is in love with hip hop sensation, Rihanna. Nigerian rap artiste, Michael Stephens aka Ruggedman, is also head-over-heels in love with the Barbadian singer and songwriter.
Though both men are bachelors and have got people talking about their marital status, they have publicly professed love for Rihanna who is based in the United States.
In a recent interview with Kemi Filani, Ruggedman, who recently released a song he did with 9ice, entitled, 'Religion' confessed to loving Riri!
Recall that this is the first collaboration after the allegations that Ruggedman was sleeping with 9ice's ex-wife, Toni Payne.
But why is Ruggedman still unmarried? He replied: “Marriage will happen when it will happen. Marriage is not a fashion statement that everybody wants to join the trend. You don't get married because people are getting married or get married because people asked you do, you get married when you are very ready to get married.
I keep saying parents should not force their children to get married because it's part of what causes domestic violence in homes of nowadays.”
Maybe he is of the school of thought that marriage slows down one’s career just like artiste Flavour said.
He denied but said, “That's Flavour not Ruggedman. I don't know about that one, but I know I'll get married when the right time comes.
If you do things right, marriage wouldn't be a barrier to your music or whatever thing you are doing.  I'll not lie to you, I know a lot of artistes that got married and it slowed their career so much. But they are still those who got married and they are still doing their thing. It's all left to you and how you manage your marriage and career.
I'll always advise that one should marry his or her best friend, it helps a lot.”
Asked if he was dating his best friend and he laughed and said, “That's not what I said. I didn't say that. I just gave an advice.”
He refused talking about if he was in a relationship or not. “I don't want to talk about my private life, I want it to remain private,” he said.
Is he in love?
He promptly replied, “Yes! I'm in love with Rihanna.”
But did he realise that Mavin boss, Don Jazzy is also in love with Rihanna?
Ruggedman, who has clocked 40 years said, “Who's Don Jazzy? He better steer clear, if I catch him anywhere near my Rihanna, he will not like it.”
For one who everyone thought he should have been married, is the musician afraid of commitment?
He denied nursing any fear of a lifetime commitment.
He said, “Marriage is nothing one should be scared about. It should only be done at the right time. Some people, when they see their soul mates, they just can't wait to get married to them. That's how it should be, but when you are having second thoughts, then calm down, check yourself make sure you are doing the right thing.”
Then who is his ideal woman?
“Everybody can paint a picture of their ideal woman but nobody knows who he would fall in love with,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment