Wednesday 5 October 2016

Popular Saka Says Lady Rejected His Proposal Because He Didn’t Have Car



"Saka' and wife, Olaide
Hafiz Oyetoro aka Saka, is happily married to Olaide. The 13-year-old marriage has produced three kids. The award winning actor, who is also a brand ambassador revealed in an interview how a woman rejected his marriage proposal thinking he was poor.
He recalled: “It was after my Master’s degree programme and there was no money. I was just an average artiste, struggling to survive, but the lady did not see the future.  I remember telling her that I was ready for marriage.   Her reply was that I was not ready because I did not have a car. I told her that with my job, I should be able to get a very comfortable car within a year. She insisted that one car would not be sufficient since she was going to be pregnant one day. That was when I knew that in order to get married to her; I had to have two cars first.”
When asked why his wife, Olaide married a poor artiste then, she responded, “I did not marry him because of material things. I married him because of the love I have for him.”
The actor who is known for his, ' I don port’ slogan disclosed that, “I have never had any regrets about marrying Laide. It has been from one level of progress to the other. I thank God for giving me the grace to meet her.   I married her into a room and parlour apartment before we moved into the college staff quarters. 

For the apostles of proposing with flowers and theatrics, you will be disappointed to know that his wife never got that type of proposal.
Olaide recalled: “He said, ‘I want to marry you.’ There were no flowers or candles.  When he proposed, I told him I was not ready for marriage and he asked me what I wanted to do.  I told him I wanted to pursue a degree programme; he accepted and even bought me the entry form.”
The couple proffered what has kept their marriage going without hitch for many years
Olaide said whenever her husband is angry; he walks out of the home. Sometimes, he gets angry and storms out of the house. At such times, I will stay in the room and pray for God to take control.
Hafiz said, “She is a little stubborn. Sometimes, I would express my dislike for certain things but as a woman, she would want to prove a point.   At such times, I would walk out of the house because I love her. I would have to go out so that my anger can burn itself out.   I would not want to say something hurting that I would have to regret later on. She has been there and taking care of my house.  I cannot stay back home and say painful things because of a little misunderstanding.”

No comments:

Post a Comment