Sunday 23 October 2016

“I Rejected Ambassadorial Appointment Due To My Hubby” Says Pauline Tallen



Her rejection of President Muhammadu Buhari’s nomination came as a surprise to many. For former Deputy Governor of Plateau State, Pauline Tallen, what she needed currently is not an ambassadorial nomination by President Buhari. Rather she craves for strength to care for her ailing husband.
Tallen's name was among the 46 non-career ambassadorial nominees President Buhari sent to the Senate for confirmation last week in Abuja.
In a statement released over the weekend, Tallen stated why she turned down her nomination—she needs time to take care of her ailing husband.
Her statement in part reads:
"I appreciated President Muhammadu Buhari for counting me worthy to serve Nigeria in the capacity of an ambassador. However, I have to let it go to attend to my ailing husband. It is a hard decision to take, but I have to, because my husband is my primary responsibility as a woman."
A former Minister of State for Science and Technology, Pauline Tallen, was among chieftains of the ruling People’s Democratic Party [PDP] who crossed over to the All Progressives Congress. An astute politician, she was elected as Deputy Governor to former Governor Jonah Jang of Plateau State.
Kudos to a selfless partner.


No comments:

Post a Comment