Monday 10 October 2016

28 Years After Wedlock I Still Call My Husband Brother Mike—Gloria Bamiloye




Mike Bamiloye, while celebrating their 28-year-old marriage on October 8, revealed that it was born out of raw faith in God.
He recalled, “I remember it was my best man who bought my wedding suit and shirt. May God bless him wherever he is now. It was my sister-in-law who bought the shoes I wore on my wedding day. It was a ministry member who gave us money to sow the wedding gown, because we had already gone to a place where we could rent the wedding gown. It was the money my sister-in-law sent to us I used to deposit for the seats in our living room. 

“It was my Mama-Sister, (my elder sister) who got the 3-Room-Flat we married into. She paid the first year rent. May the Lord ever bless MUMMY Felicia Adesiyan. It was my another elder sister who got the Boys Bridgade that played for us as we were driving into the reception place at Ilesha Grammar School, in a car that belonged to one of my cousins.

“I remember all the monetary gifts given to us on the wedding day were used to pay some outstanding debts incurred on ministry printings we made before the wedding and some debts on the wedding programmes. So three days after the wedding, we had no money again and the idea of honeymoon never even crossed our minds, because there was no money to attempt such luxury.”

Mike Bamiloye, an actor, who founded Mount Zion Film Productions International, is married to Gloria. In this interview, he was asked how he met his pretty wife and he said, “We met in 1983 after I graduated from the College of Education in Ilesha. It was that year that she came into the school. I used to come to the campus to help the Christian Fellowship drama group. It was on one of my visits that I saw her.
The wedding picture 28 years ago
What was the attraction?
He responded, “The lord is the attraction. I knew it was the will of God. We didn’t just start talking because of marriage. We had already been working together in the Christian Fellowship. I was the drama director and she was a member of the Christian Fellowship. We had known for some time before the Lord led me to her.
For Gloria, Mike was “very humble and simple. Nothing really attracted me more than the fact that he love and had the fear of God in him,” she said.
Describing each other, Mike said, “Gloria is a woman of faith and prayer, with great understanding. She is hardworking and relates with people better than I do. She is sociable.”
The wife, who is also an actress, said of her husband, “He likes to do the right things, and he loves God. He is always ready to say sorry. He doesn’t like to hurt people’s feelings. If he hurts you and realises, he will apologise. He has his ego as a man, but he is very humble.
With the union producing three children who are also into ministry, counting their blessings, Mike said:Our marriage has produced great ministers. Our children also are in the ministry, my first son is a drama producer and director of Christian movies also, my second son is into music and our third child is a scriptwriter. The marriage has been fantastic. It has been very good. It has been highly productive and successful, and has given birth to many fruits.”

For Gloria, “It has been very wonderful and beautiful, because we got it right from the initial stage. I thank God because I have been enjoying the benefits. That is why I advise singles to seek God’s face and pray for the right person.”

Has there been any quarrel? So, how do they settle differences?
Mike said, “There will always be misunderstanding in marriages. When you get married to an intelligent person, the person will continually reason. Once in a while, there has been disagreement in principles, but we always come together to agree. When there is a disagreement, one party approaches the other, depending whoever sees reasons first. There is always an agreement when there is a disagreement. We work together and sometimes we disagree during film productions but at the end of the day we still have to reach an agreement.”
Corroborating Gloria said, “We are children of God, and we cannot sleep without forgiving each other. I do not want to miss rapture. We were able to cope because we fear God. The fear of God sustained our marriage. Marriage is a ministry unto God. When we have that in mind, it would be easy to work together, respect each other and to adjust ourselves.”

Asked if they operate a joint account and Mike said, “We use the same back account and we are both signatories to it. It is the major family account.  But we still have separate bank accounts.”

For the duo, spending time together as couple means travelling together while on the jib and “We also spend time together with the children. We always have time for each other.”

What pet names do they call each other? Mike said, “She calls me Brother Mike. She calls me that because that was what she used to call me when we were in the fellowship before we got married. Even the children call me Brother Mike sometimes. Other ministers get surprised when she calls me Brother Mike. I call her Mummy Daniel.”

Gloria said, “I have tried sometimes to stop calling him Brother Mike, but I couldn’t.”


No comments:

Post a Comment