Monday 11 April 2016

I CANNOT HAVE A JOINT BANK ACCOUNT WITH MY HUSBAND--MIDE FUNMI-MARTINS


Mide, a popular Yoruba actress, is the daughter of the late actress, Funmi Martins. Married to producer/actor, Afeez Abiodun, she opened up in this interview on why she would never have a joint account with her husband, Afeez Abiodun.
the stunning actress explained:


Money is powerful and if you are not careful, it can separate two persons. Money is so powerful that you realise you are quarrelling with those you claim to love because of it. In my own opinion, I think its better we operate our different accounts but that does not mean if he needs my help, I won’t give it to him or he won’t be there for me when the need arises.”
For over 13 years, they have been married (but not without hiccups) when asked what the initial attraction to each other was, Mide and Afeez responded:
 Mide: He is a reliable person. He is faithful, caring and has a good heart plus the fact that he is very easy-going. All of these appealed to me and I reasoned that I should give him a chance in my life.
Afeez: My wife is beautiful and I realised that she is a simple person who has got a good head on her shoulders.

Funmi and Afeez
 
Wondering how they have managed to handle their huge fan following without jealousy and she said: 
I am a straightforward person and so is he. We both don’t hide things from each other. If a fan makes amorous advances at me, I tell him and vice versa. It’s something we both discuss and we laugh over it. It’s normal for him to have female fans and it’s normal that I get jealous once in a while because I love my husband. The most important factor is trust between a couple and that we have in abundance.

Does Afeez give you preferential treatments on location? She said:
He treats me just like every other person— no preferential treatment whatsoever. If I get my lines wrong or act out of character, he would admonish me the same way he would admonish any other actor on set. The good thing is that my husband is not a harsh man and he corrects politely. We never quarrel or have arguments on set.


 After any quarrel, who apologises first? Mide responded:
“You know women tend to be stubborn even when they are wrong. We prefer our husbands to come to us and when your husband loves you, he will overlook everything because he sees you as his pet. Most of the time, my husband is the first to apologise because I like to be petted.”

Stunning Funmi in Yellow

How does she apologise to him? She explained,
“When I am really at fault and have no choice but to apologise, I address him using his panegyrics. I am like his mother and I know how to calm him down.
Their pet names for each other?
Afeez: I call her Ajoke
Mide: I call him Amoo.

Is Afeez very romantic? Mide replied:
“I can’t be telling you all these things because it would seem as if I am hyping him on the pages of newspapers. In his own way, he is romantic and that is okay with me and that is what matters most.

How do you celebrate special occasions like birthdays and anniversaries?
Afeez: We lodge in a hotel without the children just to be with ourselves.

For over 13 years, you have been together, what is the secret?
Afeez: It is not because we know it all or that we are a perfect couple. We could not have come this far without His grace. It’s really not easy combining the job of an entertainer with marriage.
Mide: It is a tough call especially as I have two children and I have to be there for them as well as my husband. At the same time, I have to do my job. Anytime I am on location in Lagos, I make sure I go home every night no matter how far the place is from my house and the same thing applies to my husband. I love taking care of my children. If I had the choice; I would be a full-time housewife.
Funmi, Afeez and their kids

Kindly advise couples.
It is good to be patient because not all that glitters is gold and our marriage has been a success because I practised patience. When we started, things were not as smooth as I wanted it to be but I was patient with him. We had our good and bad times but it’s necessary that you remain calm during the bad times.





No comments:

Post a Comment