Saturday 9 April 2016

I ALMOST CALLED OFF MY WEDDING WITH SIMI--DR SID




 
Dr Sid and Simi. Photo credit SOBITART

Not many of their fans knew this but it’s the truth. Popular Mavin record artiste, Sidney Esiri, aka Dr. Sid, revealed that he almost called off his wedding to former Simi Osomo, which was solemnised on August 2, 2014.

         

According to the ‘Surulere’ crooner, the hardest decision he took in life was to have gotten married but he also described it as the best to have happened to him.
          Now a father of one, he opened up in an interview with SUNDAY PUNCH that marriage is beautiful when the couples are determined to make it work. He said,

“A lot of people hear about marriage and think it is hard. It can be beautiful if you work towards it. I remember us quarrelling two days before our wedding and even threatening to pull out. But, our love for each other has kept us going. Right now, our marriage is on autopilot and we are just cruising because we understand each other absolutely.
 Admitting that Simi is his support, Dr Sid, who is the son of the late veteran actor, Justus Esiri, said of his marriage:
“I have learnt how to adapt and connect more with my wife. I thank God that I have such a beautiful wife who is also very understanding, loving and caring. She loves me more than I love myself and constantly pushes me to be better.”


The artiste, whose last album, Siduction, is a hit, confirmed that he is a doting father. He said he helps his wife to change diapers and even wakes up at night to tend to his 10-month-old daughter, Sidney.
He said, "I have taken up the daddy role, which includes changing diapers and staying up late at night to care for our daughter. I am extremely happy and I have never felt this way before.




Dr. Sid and daughter, Sidney


No comments:

Post a Comment