Tuesday 5 April 2016

HOW TO WARD OFF MEN IF YOU ARE MARRIED






Seun Olagunju

Wondering how a pretty tube gal, who is happily married, wards off men? Seun Olagunju gives a tip:
“I would not let off my guard and would always address them with ‘sir’. That puts a check on them and I am always polite to turn down any request.”
Married to Kayode Olagunju, one of the top officials at the Federal Road Safety Corps, Abuja, Seun Olagunju started her broadcasting career in 1994 at the Galaxy Television, Ibadan, as a presenter. She later moved to Raypower radio and then, Africa Independent Television as a newscaster. Again, she left and Seun berthed at the Nigeria Television Authority, resigned a few years ago and is now the General Manager, Public Affairs of Transmission Company of Nigeria. A graduate of Language and Communication Arts, the University of Ibadan, she also holds a Masters in International Law and Diplomacy from the University of Lagos.

So, what’s about Seun’s gele?




 “I do my gele myself.” Though a challenge when she started her broadcasting job, gele, she added, became a delight over the years.
“Ironically, I never learnt the art of tying gele from anyone. Before I joined AIT/Raypower, I was not a gele person and I was very comfortable in casuals. I started using it as an accessory. My first time of tying the headgear to cast the news was not as spectacular as now. I knew it could be better and it was like a challenge to me. I love challenges and when I got home, I sat in front of the mirror and gave it another try. By the time I was done with several rounds of tying, I got what I wanted!”
With her family in Abuja and her career at the TCN, Seun, who is a multiple award winner, believes in simplicity.  “Though a woman should follow the trend sensibly, she has to be simple in her presentation. You don’t wear everything everybody wears or put on every colour because it suits some certain people.  I wear what suits me and I try to be as simple as I can,” she said.
The screen is full of glamour. Even so are some of the screen goddesses. Was that why she chose broadcasting? Her reply: “I never wanted the television because I knew it would rob me of my privacy. I am more of a radio person. I like the radio aspect of broadcasting because of the professionalism involved. Television is more of glamour but on radio, you are heard, not seen and your intellect is more at work. You reason faster, you think intelligibly and your voice communicates more to your listeners.”


 Is she saying these are absent in television broadcast? She quickly dispelled that: “Television presenters are also intelligent but most people get carried away with the glamour especially the viewing public. I believe that there is more to the screen than glamour. I started in 1994 in Galaxy Television, Ibadan as a presenter. I later moved to Raypower but people kept talking about my face, my voice and why I had to move over to the television. I gave it a try and that was how I became a screen person but I still love the radio. I believe in professionalism and not just looking good and not having anything good to present.  Being intelligent should exceed looking good.”


No comments:

Post a Comment