Friday 8 July 2016

John Fashanu/Abigail Igwe Divorce: Rachel Bakam Says, “I Just Dey My Lane Dey Play My Part”



Sweethearts: Fashanu and Rachel


Actress and TV host, Rachel Bakam, has come to stay in the intriguing love life of ex footballer, John Fashanu. Formerly married to Israel Edjeren, she has indicated in an interview with Saturday PUNCH that their relationship has been built on the rock of Gibraltar.
Rachel, who is also involved in a lot of charity works with her partner Fashanu, said their relationship gets stronger every day.
“We get along very well. Our friendship gets better and stronger with time. We are both Virgos so we understand each other very well. Yes there are ups and downs but we are both communicators, so we work through every situation and grow.”
The soccer ambassador John Fashanu was married to Abigail Igwe, a mother of four, who is the mother of former Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria, Adaeze Yobo. The union, which produced no issue, ended in a messy divorce last year.
Fashanu took yet another plunge into a relationship when he found Rachel, who rose on the wings of her ex’ efforts to stardom. The news of Fashanu and Rachel’s hush-hush romance, which later became public knowledge, was met with mixed feelings.
Now that they are head-over-heels in love with each other, hope Rachel has a cordial relationship with Fashanu’s ex, Abigail Igwe and her daughter, Adaeze Yobo?
Her answer was positive.
She said, “I appreciate that because I mean no disrespect to anyone. I just dey my lane dey play my part…dey live my life. I honestly don’t set out to hurt anyone purposefully. I do the best I can to be respectful. I am work in progress.”
Fashanu and Abigail when the going was good
So much was revealed during the messy fight between Fashanu and Abigail.  That must have painted some pictures on the minds of people.
Rachel quickly dispelled that. She explained of her ‘sweetheart’: “Most of the things painted about John Fashanu are really not the reality. It is the same as in my case. In the world of showbiz, some will say good things about you and others the contrary. You just need to keep your values up and do your best.”
Will wedding bells ring soon? Rachel played safe and said, “I am not keen on re-marriage yet. Truth is, marriage is not something to rush into. Experience has taught me that you have to weigh various components before coming to the point where you accept to marry someone. I believe in taking things step by step, get to know each other better first, then taking the step further when the time is right.
“My son is getting along very well with John. John is very good with kids. I see the relationship he has with his children, very commendable.”



No comments:

Post a Comment