Monday 9 May 2016

I Would Do Anything To Please My Wife— Ali Nuhu



He remains one of the most sought-after Nollywood Hausa actors in Africa. Handsome, calm and very talented, Gombe-born Ali  Nuhu is a delight to fans.
 
Based in Kano, his handsome face has featured in many Hausa and English films and he is one of the most celebrated stars of the Hausa movie world.

 

Happily married to Maimuna Garba Ja Abdulkadir, they are with two kids, Fatima and Ahmad.

Currently, he and his family are on a vacation in Turkey.



Speaking to kemiashefonlovehaven, he spoke of his blissful marriage:

“I am happily married and I have two kids. My wife is quite beautiful and I would do anything to please her. I even give my scripts to her and anything she would not like, I would not do on set,” he said.

Is he saying he would not kiss or touch a woman on set just because his wife would not approve?
Ahmad enjoying his vacation

His response: “Though she is Hausa and a devout Moslem, she is liberal and believes my profession is important. Oftentimes, my roles on set could have to do with women and she would not object to kisses or hugs. Romantic scenes are allowed but there is a limit.”


But his religion, Islam, forbids it. “I am a professional actor and as long as what I am doing on set is not sinful, my religion would not frown upon it.  A lot of Nigerians mistake your roles on television or films as the real you. They have forgotten that your real you is different from the actor in you.  I could dress scantily on set but would not do that in real life.”
 
Asked Ali Nuhu if his wife gets jealous over his female fans and he replied that: “Naturally, women are jealous and could get possessive over their husbands. I feel for wives of actors when female fans flock around them for photographs, autographs or make calls even late in the night. Naturally, my wife is not a jealous person but there was a time some rumour-mongers were all over town saying I was dating an Hausa actress. After an event, I gave the lady a lift and my wife saw us together. She was not angry but she cautioned me to stop being seen with that girl because people could mistake our intentions.”

At this juncture, he highlighted challenges of being a fine-faced actor: “There are numerous female fans who would call endlessly. Some would even ask you if you were married or still single. I would proudly say that I am happily married but there are some stubborn women who would continue beeping and making nonsense calls. When I could not control it, I got software that helps blacklist some numbers from my hand-set. What the device does is that any number I don’t want to answer would come in as unknown and would not ring. The phone would just beep.”
A doting dad




Attesting that Kano movie industry is getting more vibrant daily, Nuhu said their audience is not only northern based. “From Abuja to the East and neighbouring African countries, we are watched and our stars celebrated. In a year, we have produced over a thousand films. We are doing well in the market and we are set to do more.”

 
Beautiful family



No comments:

Post a Comment