Saturday 25 June 2016

I Was Walking And A Woman Pulled Me, Kissed Me—Actor ‘Omobanke’




Soji Taiwo isn’t new to your screen. The Nollywood Yoruba actor is fondly called Omobanke and he is currently vacationing in Atlanta Georgia, in the US. Today, June 25 is his birthday and in this interview, he talks about his experience with female fans
Some say you like women? 
Yes. I don’t hide it. If people say I like women, I will say they are right. I like women a lot. Why won’t I like them if they are part of what make our job going? Women and acting are two things that can’t be separated. I will be foolish to take advantage of that and start to misbehave. Come to think of it, who doesn’t like women? Who was not born by a woman? I always mention Iya Banke in movies because I like her so much.
Tell me about your crazy experience with women?
I have had nasty moments and I could remember a day when I was walking on a street in Lagos and suddenly, a woman from nowhere approached me drew me closer to her and kissed me. I was shocked and embarrassed. I asked her why she did that and her response was that I like you and I have always wanted to do this.
Birthday thnaksgiving in Atlanta Georgia

How do you react to the report that said you abandoned your wife and kids for your Canadian lover?
There you go again. Actually, it was not a report. There were series of reports. People have written a lot of stories about me. They keep writing what they don’t know how true it is. Right now, I am less bothered about that. You can’t tell me you are a celebrity if you don’t have different versions of your stories in the media, whether good or bad.
For the sake of those who wish to know, can you tell me the correct version?
 Those who wish to know already know the real thing. Those who don’t know will also know at the right time. I know what you want to hear, whether I did this or that…Let’s just say I am happily married and I love my kids. My wife appreciates my work because I am progressing. I am really enjoying this interview.

 What do you regret most about being famous?
I don’t like how some fans embarrass me when I move around. What makes it more painful is when they see you in company with a public officer, who could throw some money around. I sometimes wonder why they would leave a public officer and come to me, an ordinary actor that is looking for his means of livelihood.
With Pasuma Alabi

SOURCE: TRIBUNE

No comments:

Post a Comment