Saturday 4 June 2016

A Vivid Account Of The Last Moment Of Apostle Ayo Babalola (2)



Apostle Ayo Babalola


In the first part of this narrative by Prophet I.O Ogedegbe on how Apostle Ayo Babalola died, he revealed that nothing on Sunday July 29, 1959 showed that the apostle of prayer, Ayo Babalola would die. (Read the first part for more details)

“The three of us prayed and I took the lead. Prophet Babajide followed. When it was Apostle Babalola’s turn to pray, he prayed for a very longtime, praying for the church, the leaders and for us too. After the special service, people came to Apostle Babalola in my bedroom and bid him farewell before leaving for their various destinations with joy and humour. He bid everyone farewell and prayed for them. Nobody suspected through his speech or action that death was lurking in the corners. We left him alone to attend to those who were waiting to see him.

“Meanwhile, Michael Osabi and Samuel Oluwatusin, the two young men who used to wait on him, remained with him as he took a nap. When he woke up, he called me and returned my covering-cloth to me. His action surprised me and I asked, “Baba, why are you doing this?” He replied, “A man should sleep with his own clothes.”

It did not occur to me that he was speaking of his imminent death. He advised me to go and have some sleep myself. By then, everybody else had gone to church for the evening service. Around 5p.m.
“As he lay on the bed, Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola breathed heavily three times, saying after, “In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.” His breathing was like the rumbling of a rain-storm and there was a great vibration in the bedroom. As this was happening, his personal attendants (Michael and Samuel) ran to call me to his bedside before he gave up the ghost. We began to pray and quickly sent for the church leaders who had gone to
church for the evening service.
One of the revivals

“We all prayed for his restoration. But while this prayer was on, the Lord opened my spiritual eyes to see what was happening in the heavenlies. The heavenly hosts had come to meet this great prophet and joyfully admitted him into the glory above. He had laid down his sword at Jesus’ feet. So he could not return to earth again. The church leaders and the elders who were present arranged for Apostle Babalola’s corpse to be taken to EFON ALAAYE that same night.”
Concluded



No comments:

Post a Comment