Thursday 17 July 2014

BROKEN HEARTS CAN HEAL



My wife is seeing another man!

Dear Kemi,
After having a fantastic courtship, I got married to my wife and vowed to live the rest of my life with her. Shortly after our marriage, our bed was abandoned and even my food. My advice and warning were not heeded and I became disenchanted. I decided taking time off the home and on my return, hoping that she would have learnt some lessons; I discovered that she was having a relationship! I begged her to reveal her lover so that I would tell him to stop seeing my wife, but she never did; rather, she left for work and never returned. Her excuse was her busy schedule. We have a child and my vows are still intact and I don’t want a break in my marriage.
O.P
Lagos
Before taking time off your home, did you contact her parents or family members to intervene? Obviously, she did not learn anything from your ‘leave’. Who knows, she could have done this to ‘teach you a lesson’ too! In marriage, two wrongs never make a right and it’s very important to nip issues in the mud before it escalates beyond repairs. Forget the fact that she would reveal the lover. Even if you know him, that would not solve the problem. The main issue is getting your wife back. This may not be an easy task because when a woman resorts to getting a lover outside her marriage, curbing her is Herculean, especially if it has reached the level of abandoning the matrimonial bed. You can still contact family members and your spiritual clerics for intervention. It’s not too late for that.

She is after my money
Dear Kemi,
I met a lady recently and we started dating. I am deeply in love with her but I doubt if she loves me. This is because she does not call or send me text messages. But she would send text messages whenever I send her money or buy phone cards for her. Does she love me or am I dating the wrong person?
L.L
Abuja
This is simple reasoning— the girl is after your purse and does not love you! When you are in love with someone, you want to be with him always and if that is not possible, you get in touch constantly on the phone and other means of communication. A girl who would not spend N10 to send a text message on phone would not release her heart to love you. Start working on your heart and stop loving such a girl because she would soon dump you.


I cannot forgive my husband
Dear Kemi,
I have been married for two and a half years with two kids. Some few months ago, my husband slapped me in public and I don’t know why he did that. I have tried to forgive him but it is so hard for me and I can’t even forget because he did not apologise. Recently, I saw a message on his phone to a lady and he was professing his love for her. Really, I don’t understand what is happening, what do I do?
L.A,
Abuja
Marriage is a covenant, where two people vow to love each other in spite of all odds till death separate them. It is also the co-habiting of two forgivers, who have learnt to live with their likes/dislikes and personality traits. By now, you should know the elastic limit of your husband’s tolerance and know what to do or say that would not make him hit you either in private or public. I am sure you are amazed that a once-loving husband could turn out to be a batterer and womanizer. You have to exercise patience and don’t wait for his apology before you forgive him. Don’t discuss anything with him until you observe he is in the best of moods. This is just one of the teething problems in a young marriage. You have to be patient.

I mistook her for a younger lady
Dear Kemi,
I am 38 years, dating a lady I thought was 35 years old. Recently, I discovered that she was 40!  I have started plans to marry her. Are there side effects of marrying an older woman especially in future?
D.D
Lagos
I am surprised that you never knew her real age before/after dating her. It’s either you were not interested or that she told a lie. But now that you have discovered and you really love her and know you can live happily with her, then the age difference should not stop you from marrying her. You need not announce to everybody, especially your family on this age issue. Just get married early enough and start a family fast!


His parents hate me
Dear Kemi,
I have been dating this guy for three years but his father and step-mother don’t like seeing me. There is nothing I do before them that is good and he would invite other family members to abuse me. Fortunately, the man’s mother and his siblings like me. There is another guy now who loves me and wants to date me. What do I do?
J.J
Lagos
There is still time for you to retrace your steps and get another guy whose family will have a cordial relationship with you. How do I mean? No marriage exists successfully outside the extended family system. As long as that man’s father is still alive, he will continue making you miserable. If I were you, I would stick to the new man and make something out of this new relationship instead of holding on to the one I am always unhappy with.

No comments:

Post a Comment