Saturday 23 July 2016

Bukky Wright Also A Practising Muslim— Actress Lola Alao

Bukky wright


The news of her conversion hit the Internet early this week when an Islamic cleric, Adepoju Yusuf Olatunde of Acadip Nigeria, posted on Facebook that the new convert has taken Islamic lessons and now a full-fledged Muslim. He said:
Join me in Congratulating LOLA ALAO (A Popular Nollywood Actress) She just took the Kalimatu Shaa'dah from me, and chose the name RHODIAT. May Allah give her proper Understanding of Islam, and make her, well grounded in her new Faith, Al-Islam. Aamiyn.”
Confusion. Every blogger wrote all sorts. On Friday July 22, the Nollywood actress Lola Alao cleared the air on her religion. She took to Instagram and posted:
“Salaam alykun to all my wonderful friends and fans, May almighty Allah grant u all your heart desires. I just want everyone to know that i was born in to a Muslim home my late farmer's name is Lasisi Alao, so I reverted back to my root through Alhaji Yusuf Adepoju (Acadip) May almighty Allah bless him and all my wonderful friends and fans.... Ťhanks love you all.. Rohdiat Omolola Alao Ajibola.”
That doused the drama and life moved on for her, her followers and fans.
But this morning in an interview she granted Saturday PUNCH, Lola Alao was angry that her conversion was strange to her fans. According to her, she chose who she serves.
L-R Lola Alo and Faithia Balogun
She said, “I don’t know what the hullabaloo is all about.  I am from a Muslim background. My father was a Muslim. My grandfather was Muslim. My father was Lasisi Alao. There is no big deal in this. The religion is not new to me. I chose to follow my mother before; and now I decide to go back to Islam, is there a problem?”
A very good friend of veteran actress, Bukky Wright, she disclosed that her best friend, Wright, is also a Muslim.
Lola said, “Fathia Balogun was a Christian but she changed. Bukky Wright was also a Christian and she changed to Islam and nobody has tried to crucify them.  How come my own is different? I have not rested.  I cannot sleep again. People are saying different things since they heard the news.”
Little wonder Bukky Wright, a mother of two, who has been married to some men in the past, dresses in an Islamic mode especially in her recent pictures on Instagram.
L-RFaithia Balogun, a friend and Bukky Wright at a recent function
These are not the only actresses who switched religion. Others are Liz Anjorin, Liz Dasilva, Moji Olaiya, and Laide Bakare.
One of the major reasons adduced to these conversions is marriage or when these ladies are having affairs with rich Muslim businessmen.
But Lola refuted this. She told Saturday PUNCH:
““I am happily married, I am not looking for a husband and my husband is even a Muslim. I was even a Christian before he married me. Nobody forced me into this religion. Everything about me is usually people’s headache and they would just carry my matter on their head like gala (sausage).”



No comments:

Post a Comment