Friday 6 May 2016

Why Actress Monalisa Chinda Sees All Men As 'Idiots"





Veteran actress, Monalisa Chinda had been a pawn in the hands of men and love. Her recent outburst in an interview, on men being idiots, isn't going down well with some men. Her journey in the world of tortuous love affairs must have prompted that statement.

Her first marriage to Dejo Richards was fraught with violence, abuse and disregard for womanhood. She left the marriage bruised, battered and with a little daughter.

In an interview with Playground TV sometimes ago, she said of that marriage:

“I tried to make it work but it takes two people to tango. That’s the only thing I regret. Raising my child without a father. It’s a bit painful. But I have to live with it. It’s better that way than to expose my daughter to all sorts of domestic violence. It will definitely disorient her and affect her upbringing. She will be dis-functional. God knows the best. Maybe I should be more careful.”

Then she dated Lagos Big Boy, Lanre Nzeribe, who had hobnobbed with every society woman in town. The relationship crashed. Again, the actress, who is the firstborn in a family of two sons and four daughters, was heartbroken.
With Lanre Nzeribe

Then, she recently gave marriage another shot when she married Victor Tonye Coker, her childhood love.

In a recent interview with Genevieve Magazine. 41-year-old Monalisa said of men: “Truthfully I had categorised all men as the same useless idiots (pardon my French). I am happy that I feel differently now. Marriage is always a better option for any woman who is single in this country. Forget 30, once you attain 35 and counting, men in this country call you a dead engine.”

No comments:

Post a Comment